constipation

I don't know how to start. My daughter has been constipated for about 2 weeks now. I tried a new diet for her with fiber and tried some med. that would help. For like maybe a month it helped and she is back to being constipated. I keep taking her to a doctor but they won't do anything about it. I just don't know what to do and was hoping everyone might help me solve this delima. thanks!

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try raisins, prunes or prune juice, apples, bannanas and oatmeal is very good. As a very last resort you can pull out the old trusty castor oil. Make sure if she does not like these foods to mix them in her food.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• what kind of milk does she drink? my DD had soooo many problems w/ const. earlier and shes been on Silk and tht helped soooo much!
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Take away the dairy & the meat for a week. Replace it with only fresh fruits & veggies, whole grain, and legumes (beans)... If you would like some easy ideas for toddler/kid friendly food check this out. Green Without Much Means

We are vegetarians, and do not use dairy- so this is a non-issue in our home, but I know for a lot of people it takes a child having problems with their diet to realize that they need to cut back on at least some of the meat and dairy. They truly are not necessary. I guarantee you, if you give it a try, she'll be right back on track in less than a week! (and doing this is easier on her little body than forcing her to consume diuretics, like prune juice)

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my son gets constipated when I give him lots of juice. They only need 4-8 oz per day.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• wheat germ put a spoonful in her hot cereal or panakes real healthy for u to find it by the hot cerals at the store
    candeeapple

Answer by candeeapple at 12:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010