Any tips on potty-training twin two and a half year old boys?

I'm a first-time mom of twin two-and-a-half year old boys.. and I am absolutely clueless on how to manage them both potty training at the same time.. any tips?

ljonesmommy23

Asked by ljonesmommy23 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 17 months old and very smart. I just bought his new potty. Just letting him check it out.. I do know that the only way I can get him to actually sit on the potty is to give him an m&m when he does.. now he goes in the bathroom and says "sit" "sit" "pee pee" , sits on the potty and holds his hand out and says "m&m"... He is rotten, and to smart for me so I know its going to be along road! I just keep telling myself.. I don't know any 4 and 5 year olds that are not potty trained! lol... Good luck! I know you are going to have so much fun with two boys!! :)
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I do have twin boys and it was not easy. Boys are usually slower than girls, but anyhow I think what it helps is when and older toddler show them how to do it. I also went to the library and got some videos for them to watch (how to go potty) They like the songs and wanted to imitate. One of my twins got it first, for the other it did not click until he was close to 3. Trust me it gets better.
    Anonymous

• My son is 3 now ( I don't have twins), but I tried having my son try to sink the cherrio when he needed to go. Also, stickers work really well as do bribbing with bubbles. My son never did use his potty except as a stool to get high enough to pee in the bowl. Some moms will say to have them start out by sitting down to pee, but I had my son start standing. Keep trying and set a timer. We had my son drinking some extra water during the day and trying to go about every 15 minutes the first few days. Then we moved it to 20, 30, and so on. You can try to get daddy involved by showing how to do it. Sometimes boys aren't ready until they are ready.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2010