moms with toddler knowledge please help!

my daughter is 19 months old, she has been sleeping in a playpin for about 6 months now....because she climbed out of her crib and fell on her head and terrified me....well now she has figured her way out of her playpin... what do i do now? how do i make her go to bed? please help?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 10:35 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let her sleep with you or put on on the floor on a map or small bed so she will not fall out, but keep it close to your bed.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i think i need to add...she has been in her own room since she was a year old and i have a 2 month old, i cant bring her back in my room.. thanks though
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 10:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i got a toddler bed and my son loved it and still does if he fall out its less than half a foot down. u use ur crib mattress so u just need the bed.
    tab1023

Answer by tab1023 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i have a toddler bed already set up, but how do i mke her stay in it and go to bed?
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 10:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• that's about the age I had to move my daughter to a toddler bed.
    the first few nights, she'd get out of bed and I have some adorable photos of her half in bed, half standing LOL where she tried to get back in or maybe was trying to get out but fell asleep halfway through :)
    I also put one of those door knob covers on the inside of the room so that she couldn't get out and run free through the house while we were sleeping.
    and I know with the economy right now, if you don't have a convertible crib and don't have the money to go buy a new bed right now, just put the crib mattress right on the floor. bonus for that is that it's not going to hurt her if she falls out of bed.
    Anonymous

• I put my daughter in a toddler bed at 18 months. It was rough going at first getting her to sleep in the bed, but after a week or so she learned to stay in it. We would put her to bed and put a baby gate in the door so she could not come out. We made sure that there was nothing she would get hurt by and just made her stay in her room. It may be a rough couple of nights, but she will learn to sleep in the bed. Toddler beds are good becasue they are low to the ground. We put her bed against the wall so there was only one side where she could get out of and put two comforters along side the bed so if she did roll out at night she would land on something soft.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• you posted as I was posting LOL

as for keeping her in bed, it may take some time but just keep putting her back in bed. tuck her in with a few toys and just let her know it's bed time and it's not OK to get up and play.
    My kids know that if it's dark it's time to sleep. They don't get out of bed until the sun is up.
    Anonymous

• I know a mother who when they first started the big boy bed , she REput her son in the bed 147 times the first night .... nanny 911 style too. .not saying a word. I know it will be hard and I KNOW i've been lucky my son stays in bed, but he does tend to talk/cry/ask.whine for things for up to 2 hours. but I know thats still less wearing than reputting them in bed.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• sounds like toddler bed time. watch super nanny or nanny 911 if u can they give good advice on bedtime
    candeeapple

Answer by candeeapple at 12:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• well a couple options you have. one set up a toddler bed two put her back in the crib and get a crib tent. they are mesh and set up over the top f the crib and sctually llok like a tent. they zip completely up so the baby can't climb out. my grandmother in law sent me one and i never used it i personally dont even like the idea and i never really had problems with that because when my oldest started to climb i lowered the crib mattress all the way then when she was able to climb out again i moved her to a toddler bed.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2010