Baby shower ideas

I'm throwing a baby shower for my sister. She didn't find out the gender cause they want to be surprised at birth so this is a little harder to find a theme! Anyone have any ideas? ANYTHING PLEASE! This is the first time i've thrown someone a shower.

mychinababy

Asked by mychinababy at 10:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally Hate theme's duckys and teddy bears just not my thing. I would go with colors that could be boy or girl! you can also find cute "mod mom" themes online which is pretty much just a preggo on plates ect.
    Anonymous

• Diaper theme! Have ppl bring diapers. Build the diaper tower cake. Do diaper themed games. Like the one where you microwave a candy bar in each diaper and the women have to guess the candy bar... lol. The mom will thank you when she has all these diapers for the new baby!
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 10:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I would do something more focused on your sister get her practical gifts like diapers and bags and bath time stuff bottles wipes gender neutral blankets, they have a lot out there also sheets for the crib my brother in law got me one of those picture printers that you stick your memory card in and it was so much fun it really comes in handy. There are a ton of games to do. My mom and my aunt put everyone into a drawing if their gift included diapers. It was for a gift cert. to the cheesecake factory and a movie for two. Also you could do the practical stuff first then after the baby is born you could do a welcome baby party and make it for males and females. Those are fun too. Just be sure no one comes feeling sick and ask people to was their hands before handling the baby. Good luck!
    tab1023

Answer by tab1023 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I did not find out the gender of my baby and we did all pastel colors. pastel pink, blue, purple, green and yellow. I made the invites in the shape of diapers using pastel baby scrapbook paper. they looked like a diaper and when you untied the bow the info was inside. For decorations we got balloons and al kinds of baby cardboard centerpieces ex baby blocks, teddy bears booties. all things baby. I was at one baby shower where they set up a candy station with all kinds of candies like runts, m&m's reeses pieces, jelly beans, red hots things like that as the favor. At my shower we had a diaper pail and asked everyone to bring a package of diapers. I didnt have to buy diapers for the first 6 months. I had a friend who did a book well and asked evveryoen to bring a book for them to read to the baby.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I agree with tab.

focus on your sister.

diapers and gift cards for gifts, the big stuff that can be gender neutral too like swing, bassinet, bouncey seat etc.

that book idea is an awesome idea!
    Anonymous

• These ideas are great. Keep them coming!!!
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 11:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• To add to the diaper theme idea...Put a stack of diapers and sharpies at the front door and have everyone write something funny, cute or encouraging on them for mom and dad to read during middle of the night feedings and diaper changes. It may be just what mom needs to get up, yet again, for another feeding. Do a diaper cake (check utube for how to videos)...those can be super cute!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2010