Do you let your kids watch icarly?

Drake and Josh and Hannah Montana and all those other pre-teen shows? At what age are they appropriate? 4 yrs old? 5? 6?

Malibustacy

Asked by Malibustacy at 10:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My youngest was 6 when we started watching it. I watch it with them and make a point to talk about how Sam's mouth isn't appropriate. My DD's response? "of course, mama. It's TV and pretend." :)
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My 4yr old still only watches Nick jr., or shows designed for toddlers and preschoolers.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My kids love all those shows. They started watching them around 3, 4 and 5 years old. Now they are 7, 8 and 9.
    iCarly is my 3yo's favorite show. She has to make sure she got an iCarly bookbag for school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• my 3 and 4 year olds watch iCarley :) and honestly I like it too LOL

haha my 3 year old knows the japanese word for lamp!

yes, most of the time we watch the more child related shows earlier in the day but like I said, I like the show so we watch new episodes and specials :D

but then again, I don't baby my kids. We talk to them like adults, we let them watch adult things. My 4 year old can tell what a Y incision is for (NCIS, my son LOVES Ducky & Abby LOL)

Anonymous

• Yep! iCarly is a favorite in our house, I like it and my 3 boys (13, 11, almost 4) love it! They don't seem to care much for the other teen/tween shows (hannah montana, drake josh, big time....). They do like some of the prime time shows like American Idol, Bones, and all 3 love Doctor Who!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My 6yr old ds loves iCarly and Drake & Josh. He's been watching them for a couple years now. I personally love watching iCarly with him. He loves to snuggle up next to me and watch. Since he's getting older it's rare to get time to snuggle. :)
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't care if my kids wanted to watch them, but they don't really like those kinds of shows. My kids would rather watch things like the science channel or the history channel. lol
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

Mine too. She's not a preteen, so she doesn't need to be watching preteen shows. She shows no interest when her sister watches them.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 2:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My 3 year old watches iCarly. He saw it when we went to Damon's a few times for family night. He liked it. So he watches it at home from time to time. There is nothing wrong with it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• From what I saw of iCarly on an episode one night, it's not really something I'd want my young child to be watching.
    Anonymous