sleeeeeeeeeeeeep

how do i get my 6 month old to sleep thru the night better?

zoeysmommy4

Asked by zoeysmommy4 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you feeding baby food yet? the fuller the baby the longer they sleep my son only wakes once a night maybe but most nights he sleeps all night and he's 4 1/2 months and has been since 2 1/2 months
    Anonymous

• Baby food, like solids. Don't put it in their bottle, it's a choking hazard. But i mean like, have them eat a little jar of apples or bananas or something before bed. Some really good starters are bananas and avacados. both are also super easy to make yourself, which is what i do for my DS.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• My son is 7 months old and started sleeping through the night around 6 months old, usually a night bath and a bottle before he goes to bed ( around 9:30) will do the trick he will sleep until about 6 am. Hang in there it will happen!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• i wish i knew.......
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Not sure how, but I lucked out. I tried my hardest to get my son on a routine. He would get a warm bath, then a bottle, and some snuggling, and a book. Then I would lay him down awake, and he would fall asleep and sleep through the night. Started around 2 months. But hes 15 months now and still wakes up on occasion.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:18 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I used to give my daughter about 2 tbsp of Beech nut goodnight cereal before her last bottle before bed and she would sleep a good 6 or 7 hours straight. Getting your baby into a good bedtime routine will help you out so much if you can get started right now. Usually a warm bath, nice snuggy jammies and a small night feeding can do magic for babies. Good Luck. Eventually, babies do settle into sleeping all night.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If someone had a real, one size fits all method, it wouldn't be such a mystery! The truth of the matter is that babies sleep longer when THEY are ready to despite what parents do. So different methods get the credit.

Solids? Tried that. Mine slept WORSE and research shows that solids generally have that effect.

Cry it out? Forget it. Massive fail. Same with Ferber. Ezzo. You name the method, it was tried here. And every single one FAILED...because I was trying to force my son into something he wasn't ready for.

What worked? Paying attention to HIM and putting him to bed when he was out, not when some book said I should because the books steered me dead wrong. When I started following HIS patterns...he slept longer. And yes, he learned to put himself to sleep on his own good time.

So, pay attention to your baby. Know that five hours straight is sleeping through the night. Longer times will come when baby is ready.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• lol if there were a good answer to that people wouldn't ask it anymore ;)

There is really nothing you can do to MAKE your baby do anything.

You can encourage more sleep by relaxing, not pushing solids, and starting a good routine and following the baby's lead..

I got the best results with sleep when I stopped caring if he ever slept!
    Anonymous