feeling like it is a lost cause

My husband and I have been trying for our second baby since July and we still have had no luck. I have taken provera or medroxyprogesterone twice now to help get my periods back on track. I'm just feeling discouraged and wondering if since I'm not having normal periods if I'm even ovulating. Anything would probably be helpful at this point. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 11:13 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry, I don't have any advice other than don't give up girl :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:16 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Ovulation tests are available at the drug store (they are in the supermarkets here too!) They will give you some reassurance about whether anything is happening. Try not to be discouraged, It takes most women up to year to conceive and that is when everything else is perfect and you can have sex at the perfect time etc.
    If you have one child, the brilliant news is that you can do it! You can get pregnant, carry a baby and deliver. Any fertility expert will tell you that is the very best starting point they could hope for. Let your Dr know you are feeling discouraged, but don't give up, it is all a numbers game and you never know when it is your turn. Eat healthy, be happy and I hope it all works for you.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2010