What is a good brand of food to feed a long haired cat to prevent hairballs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Feb. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Finding a food that is high in fiber will help. Sometimes the foods made for hairballs is not enough but the weightloss formulas are. Hairball remedy will help also which is the gel the pp was referring to. Sometimes, pepcid helps with hairballs as well but talk to you vet about that and the dosage.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I don't know re: food but there's a gel that we used to give our cats to help avoid hairballs. Also, brushing.
    Anonymous

• I have a long haired tabby and If she eats anything other then purina's "cat chow indoor formula" she would be barfing hairballs 3 times a week...I swear by this so much that when I read this, I put aside the laptop, got out of bed, went downstairs and checked the bag just to be sure I was going to give you the right catfood.
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Royal Canin has a formula specifically made for long hair cats and it's a really good quality food I feed my furbabies the "mature" formula for a few years now and there coats are in amazing condition and health are both really good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I use science diet hairball control with my long hair cat and I also give him Laxatone 2-4 times a week.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2010