Newborn little girl question.

I had my little girl about 3 days ago, today when i changed her diaper she has some discharge, and when i changed her last and look in her diaper she had peed but there was a little blood, Is this normal? or should i be concered? I see the doctor on monday for her. First time mom and worried lol

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a little girl, she is 8 months. I noticed the discharge a little, but never any blood. If you are really concerned about it call the dr. I would. Thats what they are there for. Don't ever be affraid to call them, especially when this is your first!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes she still has alot of your hormones in her system.
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• its fine, its from the hormones, and is sometimes called a "witches period" my first dd had one, but my 2nd didnt.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Very normal. Don't worry about it, but if you are worried, you can always ask your doctor or pediatrician about it when you bring her in for her first office visit.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• It's completely normal. The blood you're seeing is the result of exposue to your female hormones before she was born (some baby boys are born with enlaged beasts and genitalia for the same reason). As those hormones flush out of her system, she has a little bleeding. It'll go away in a couple days. They didn't mention this possibility at the hospital? The newborn care packet I had to read before discharge mentioned it specifically, as did the Parent Channel program they made me watch on the same subject.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 7:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• it's completely normal.
    meghan451

Answer by meghan451 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2010