im 6 months and the back pain is getting to me what is the best thing to use a heating pad or a cold compress?

branhun06

Asked by branhun06 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I switched back and fourth. And when i sat i put a pillow behind my back. honestly its just gona get worse. but it'll be over soon! and look what you get in the end!! =) Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Heating works better but you can only use it for a short period of time because you don't want to heat up your baby. Cold you can use for longer.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I took warm baths and did yoga. The stretching really helps. I also got lucky and got certificates for prenatal massage on one of those tables with the belly hole-- heaven! A friend said she went to a chiropractor who had these zap things they use to alleviate the pressure and pain.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My OB/GYN use to always warn me about using heated pads..he said that they could cause contractions. He adised me not to apply heated pads at all..instead, he gave me infor on exercises and massages.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I agree with exercises and massages. The exercises will help strengthen your back to handle the baby weight better. Its a win win.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• get a list of back strengthening excersizes from your doctor. they help so much.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• always cold. cold brings the swelling down. where heat brings more blood to the area increasing pain in the long run. and see a chiropractor. I saw my chiro regularily w/ my 3rd and I look back and wish I would have done the same w/ my other pregnacies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I Will USe A Heating PAd And LAy On MY BAck
    YoungJeremy

Answer by YoungJeremy at 1:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• massage was the best thing i could find.. luckily i have a wonderful husband that gives me one every night.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 4:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• imo, a chiropractor is the way to go! the cat and cow yoga pose are good too. i always found that the heating pad made my pain worse... like adding fuel to a fire, and ice was too uncomfortable for me!
    good luck on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2010