Natural delivery?

I am 8 months pregnant with my third child, I am in labor, my water broke about 20 minutes ago. my other 2 children were twins, and they were delivered by C-Section. I didnt have an option with them. I would love to experience vaginal delivery, and if all goes as planned, this baby should be delivered vaginally. I've thought about going it naturally.my sisters have done it, and say that it is an irreplaceable and amazing experience. however, i am scared of the pain. I've never really been in any pain. and these contractions HURT extremely badly...I'm hoping that doesnt make for a painful delivery. do you think it would be a good idea for me to try to go naturally?

ljonesmommy23

Asked by ljonesmommy23 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would say if u cant handle the pain now not do it naturally i had my baby at home 100% naturally (ne pain killer nothing) and i loved the experince he was 9 1/2 lbs and i was in laboe 23 hrs so very painful!!! congrats i hope all goes well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• that is a personal decision only you can make, but I went natural with both my girls.Hurt like hell, but I wouldn't change a thing.
    First time went into labor at 8:30 Sunday night and daughter was born at 12:53 Tuesday afternoon ... second time went into active labor at 10am on Saturday and she as born at 12:30am Sunday.
    Congrats and good luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• its all the way up to you. it is terribly painful but the experience is worth it. i have such a strong bond with my youngest child and i contribute it completlt to the birth itself.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• What you need to do is ....accept the pain, do not fight it! just breath through each painful contraction...I am serious here. My 1st was natural, I fought the pain and it was hell, my 2nd was with drugs and hated the foggy feeling I had, I could not focus on pushing what so ever and think that is why some women end up pushing for hours...because of the drugs. I assure you that if you are not on drugs that baby will be out in less then 5 pushes. My 3rd baby was natural, I relaxed and accepted the pain and kept calm steady breathing. My last was c-section.
    I have also been in the delivery room where the mom was on medications and could not remember the delivery. Going natural you will remember every detail! Well worth in the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• omg... if i could have a natural birth the second time I would! Dd was breech, backwards, they tried turning her and it wouldn't budge, plus all my amniotic fluid was gone! Absolutely, go natural if you can!! CONGRATS mama!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Hope all went well. I understand wanting a v-back if that is possible but why not get the epi. You can still control things but you are not miserable.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Good Luck momma!! Have you tried water for pain relief? Shower or warm tub!!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• it helped me to know that the pain is temporary. also, i fyou don't focus on the pain, and let your body do what it needs to do, it may help as well. i imagined the contractions like waves...they roll in, they roll out, and each one is opening you up to allow your baby to come out! try to walk through the contractions. i have never used a shower or bath, but i have heard it helps too!
    oops...i just realized you might have had your baby! let us know how it all went!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• its up to you and only you. i had epidurials for both of my and still enjoyed every minute of my deliveries. but i also had a "walking" spinals where you can still walk around and feel but without the pain. with both my kids its relaxed me and i contracted faster and was only in labor for less than 12 hours with both. an pushed for 40 mins the first time and 20 the second. just try to stay away from the other types of drugs where they can transferr to the baby if you do choose to. just so everyone knows spinal blocks and epiduals do not transfer to the baby nor do they make you all drugged up. and if used the right way if the drip is stopped about 10 mins beofre you start to push you can feel everything to push.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I hope you got the natural delivery you wanted. :)

I was going to say.. You can't top the experience of natural birth. You just can't.

I disagree with the people pushing drugs as safe. My best friend had a reaction to her epidural and blacked out for 4 hours due to shock level low blood pressure.. but if you did decide to get the drugs I hope all went well for you!!
    Anonymous