If Reagan were President...

Would he try the Bush administration for war crimes, torture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I doubt it. Reagan was just as bad as Bush.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Reagan was firmly against torture in any circumstance and passed a bill to that affect

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• By giving its advice and consent to ratification of this Convention, the Senate of the United States will demonstrate unequivocally our desire to bring an end to the abhorrent practice of torture. RONALD REAGAN

So the first Anon is clueless of history. It is possible that he would try to have them brought into a trial. You can not be for sure because his views on it may have changed once witnessing the atrocities these worthless beings committed.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• No and neither will the Obama adm.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Since Bush, didn't have Clinton prosecuted for shooting missiles at an "Aspirin factory" in the Sudan to draw attention away from the Lewinsky scandal, it seems like Obama is the only President who spends all his time blaming his predecessors for anything and everything, rather than focusing on fixing the country's CURRENT problems!

Supporting Link

Rizzo

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• . You can not be for sure because his views on it may have changed once witnessing the atrocities these worthless beings committed.

This..same thing I said the last time I was asked this question
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Since Bush, didn't have Clinton prosecuted for shooting missiles at an "Aspirin factory" in the Sudan

What does that have to do with Reagan? He made it CLEAR that he would prosecute anyone who tortures for any reason. So I would say yes.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• What does that have to do with Reagan? He made it CLEAR that he would prosecute anyone who tortures for any reason. So I would say yes.

***

My answer had nothing to do with Regan and torture, except to point out that when it comes to presidents and "supposed" war crimes, liberals are a bunch of hypocrites!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think they were different times when Reagan was President. It's virtually impossible to know how he would have proceeded with enemy combatants and terrorists. Even his sons disagree about what he would have done / thought. If they can't come to an agreement on the subject, how are the rest of us to know?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think Reagan would have felt differently. He was tough on our enemies. Besides, I think he had a little different definition of torture than the current admin.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010