My daughter swollowed a nickel 3 days ago..help

I called the ER and they said as long as it wasn't a quarter then she should pass it in 3 days and if not then take her to the doctor.I also did the bread and water test and she swollowed the water fine and swollowed the bread fine and they said if it was blocking anything that she would not have been able to do that.She does not complain about it but it has yet to come out.I am starting to get a little worried,has this happened to any of you before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol..when i was a kid, I took a marble away from my brother and hid it in my mouth...he made me laugh and I swallowed the large marble..lol..now that i think about it, i don't remember it ever comming out.. Like the doctor said, if the nickle does not pass within three days then call the doctor. order x-rasy.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• oops X-rays
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• my oldest swallowed a ring when she was 18 months and i took her to the doctor and they said anything smaller than a quarter will pass. as long as its not a magnet or anything like that it will pass.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• has she pooped in these 3 days? if so, then its not blocking anything up. are you sure it didnt come out & you missed it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2010