How soon after having a child can you start working out and dieting?

I have my wedding next year and i refuse to be a chubby bride. This will be my last sexy day before I get sucked deep into mommy hood.

Mz.Burger

Asked by Mz.Burger at 1:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You should wait at least 6 weeks. Diets are TEMPORARY solutions. To lose weight and keep it off and to improve your overall health you need to make lifestyle changes like Smaller meals throughout the day.

Don’t buy junk food – try fruits, granola bars, trail mix, nuts, olives
    Walk, or do other exercise, at least 3 times a week.
    Drink water – an easy way to get your water is to start and end each day and each meal with a glass of water. You can start with a 4 oz and work your way up to an 8 oz glass.
    For breakfast try oatmeal, cereal like Special K or Granola, or whole wheat toast or muffin. Don't skip breakfast.

For exercise there are lots of things you can do. I can give you some great tips and offer suggestions on workout videos it you would like.

I’m a Beachbody Coach and my goal is to help others get healthy, one person at a time. You don't need to be my customer for me to help you. Good luc
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• it is reccomended to wait at least 6 weeks to exercise and dieting isn't safe if you are breasfeeding.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:43 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Try the EAt clean Diet by Tosca Reno. Its not a diet, its a way of life and its healthy to do it, while pregnant, bfing, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2010