I would like to know about reverse tubalization and is there any side effects at my age of 47.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• can't help you but at 47! I consider this selfish!. I would look into adopting if you want a baby that bad
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Not sure about @ 47 but I found this on net, maybe will be some help

I would think @ age 47 the risk would just be higher

Potential risks with tubal reversal

Risks associated with a tubal reversal include those generally associated with surgery (including bleeding and infection) and use of anesthesia (including reaction to the anesthetic). Other risks include:

*
    Formation of scar tissue
    *
    Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy

There is a small chance that the tubes will become blocked again following a tubal reversal.
    Smntnl

Answer by Smntnl at 1:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Many drs now are recommending IVF rather than reversal, esp if the tunal lig was done a while ago - & also depends on if they cut and burnt or just clamped them. By 47 risks of a Downs Syndrome baby is around one in 49 pregnancies which is a pretty big risk, plus more complications in pregnancy and delivery due to age of Mom. The age would also worry me, even if you feel great now, imagine having teenager and being nearly seventy. That's alot of pressure on you, and on the child.
    Talk to your Dr. I had my tubes tied at 25, and after 5 years when we changed our minfd the damage was too great. We did IVF and have a beautiful daughter, now 5
    Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2010