How many nights out of the week, is it acceptable for a spouse to go out with friends before it becomes a problem.

Does your husband go out one, two, three or more nights per week. Does this piss you off? How do you handle it?

alejandra559

Asked by alejandra559 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• If he drinks with his friends all the time then i think its a problem,but if he dont then i think to hang out with the guys is ok once a week ,but just remember if you point it out to him what he does wrong,he will do thesame to you,so hopefully your not going out with your girls doing the same and expecting him to never wanna go out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I go out with my friends once a week and its during the hours and 5-8pm (happy hour), which i recently decided to stop..anyway, he goes out with his friends to play pool twice a week and he is gone from 4-1am...and thats because i call him.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• 4-1 am? umm wth? why? and you gotta call him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• It is NOT a weekly thing for us. Dh seldom asks to go to an office happy hr thing. When he does he is back by 6:30pm. I rareky go out with the girls ad I am home early as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• he goes with a friend and yes, i called him because i want to make sure that he is ok. We had a long talk about that and how it bothered me. Now he calls me from the pool hall.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I guess it depends on your schedules. I'm a sahm who is home most of the time and I like to have my husband home often too. He has class two nights a week and is gone all day both days so if he went out several nights a week I wouldn't see him until the weekend. We both agree that once a week is fine but usually no more than that unless we are together.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• my husband doesn't go out to bars but he goes away every weekend to go ice fishing. It is a problem I have tried pointing it out because I am home 24/7, oh and he is laid off so he sits around 5 days a week then leaves for 2. He whines that HE needs to get out of the house because HE is going crazy...men just think they need to go out and bond with the guys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Honestly, if you are having a problem with it, then there seems to already be a problem. You should talk to him about it, let him know how you are feeling. I wouldn't be very happy about my husband going out with his friends all the time.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My DH stays home 99% of the time he's not into going out his out is with us and that's it. So all I can say is make a compromise with him that you bout can be OK with.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My hubby goes once a week after 14 and a half years of marriage where his dad hangs out at an Italian club. You should pop over one night but of course tell him first. Just to check out the scenery.GL and think positive.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2010