Would you stare if ... ?

So I have a sensitivity to sunlight that makes it next to impossible to go outside. The problem is that I have a toddler who doesn't have this problem, and who honestly NEEDS to go outside and play and since my husband is in the military he sin't always around to take him to the park. So to get to my question would you stare at someone more if they were wearing long gloves and a hat so that the sun didn't touch their skin or if they were carrying around an umbrella on a sunny day? Becuase honestly I feel silly doing both but I can't not protect my skin or I get horrible rashes that make my body so tender to the touch, but I want to be a good mom and go outside with my child without having to worry about someone making rude comments. Please help.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hey, you do what you have to do. When we go to the beach, I LIVE under an umbrella. It always kills me to watch the people baking all day in the sun, seeing their skin go from beige to CRIMSON.........sick. No one is going to think anything weird of you for that. If they do, they're petty and ignorant. And pp is right, if you have always avoided the sun, you must have GORGEOUS skin. I just hope you can find clothing that covers you without making you overheat.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• no because if thats what you gotta do then you shouldnt worry about what others think about you,really who cares.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• ok,,how about dressing it up...purchase a cute umbrella and make yourself look fashionable. I know this sounds superficial but i am just giving your ideas..Don't worry about people stareing, worry about your self. others don't know your situation and they don't pay your bills...so don't worry about them. think about your son and how happy it makes him to go play outside.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I wouldnt think it strange at all, most likely i would only be staring thinking "why in the world didnt i think of an umbrella?". Do what you have to do if people stare ignore them, I have seen much stranger sights than what your describing :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I honestly wouldn't even pay attention. If I did I would think that you must be uncomfortable in the heat but I wouldn't judge you at all.

And as for the unbrella...I don't think that's strange at all. My sister was huge pregnant last spring and working as a score keeper for softball. She constantly had an unbrella with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I like alejandra's ideas. Buy an umbrella you love, wear what you have to to be safe. And then don't worry about other people. When it comes to your kids you can never be worried about what other people will think of you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If someone says something them you just tell them to mind there own business. I would not look at anyone weird., there are a lot of different peole in this world and it is none of my business what others do................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• no i wouldnt stare. lots of ppl where i am use umbrellas in the sun. ppl stare at me in winter because i wear shorts and tanktops when theres 2 feet of snow out there...lol..but i could care less..the only thing i would think if i saw ya was holy crap she must be hot wearing all those clothes.lol..cuz theres no way i could lol...but, yaa, its your son...you gotta take him to the park!!! who cares what other ppl think. like theyre all perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The umbrella actually isnt a weird thing, when we were stationed in ft bliss texas I saw people walking around with umbrellas ALL the time. Maybe you dont live in quite the hot spot that texas is, but I dont think its weird at all to take shade with you
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• People carry umbrellas here in Korea. In fact, they have umbrellas JUST for sunny days. It's probably where Micheal Jackson got the idea to do so. People here don't want to get tan because of the social status thing but in your case, it's for health. Do what you have to do to keep the sun off of you and don't worry about what people think. People judge for the dumbest reasons anyway.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 3:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010