? About Single Moms/ Young Moms

Teenage moms/Young Single moms Questions...........
By young I mean teenage and young moms, 22 an younger. Why is that once you/they become moms you/they become [FOCUSED] on education. All I hear from teenage moms/ uneducated moms is "I need my education" blah blah blah , you should've thought of that before you had unprotected sex! Why do these moms become so "career -oriented" once they screwed? Is it a way to get their moms and relatives to babysit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Okay I am not a 'young' mom, but I have a niece who dropped out of high school at 17 pregnant with her 1st child. Once she had the baby, she realized what a huge responsibility it was and she did not know how she would provide for baby and support it since she had no education and her boyfriend was a deadbeat looser. The baby motivated her to get her GED, and go on to nursing school-- where she could get an education, job skills and hopefully get a good job when she graduates from that program. In her case, the baby inspired her to try to make something of her life, and be all that she can be. Now if only she would dump the looser boyfriend.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Excuse me but I posted that questioning how other mothers did it and if you didnt like the question you should have just stayed away from it. Could I possibly have waited to go to school because I did not know what I wanted to "become" other then a mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Well I was in COLLEGE when got pregnant...and nobody watched my kid for me except a daycare that I paid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• sorry should read "when I got pregnant"...I dont have my glasses on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• What a snobby bitch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I'd say!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• This is ima a mommmyyy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Maybe it's because reality hits them when they realize they have to take on a huge responsibility as taking care of a child. You know, sort of how a fist would hit your face if you asked a young teenage girl that question in person with that same attitude of yours?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Atleast we're out trying to make our lives better for our kid instead of being a bitch on cafemom!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Well, I have never said that so this ? doesn't apply to me. I married at 18 and had my children at 19, 20, 23 and 24. I am now 43, married for 25 years and my children are 18, 19, 22 and 23. I have always been a SAHM, I never went back to school and I have no regrets. I have an amazing life and a wonderful family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2010