Did you want kids ASAP?

Like immediately after you got married or did you want to wait. (Doesn't matter if you had them right away or not, just wondering if you wanted them right away or not.)

I wanted kids maybe a year or so after hubby and I got married but it just wasn't in the cards for us. We're glad it happened when it did though. I don't think we would've been mature enough for a baby nor were we ready financially.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• we wanted kids the night we met! By a week later that's all we talked about and almost a year later it happened!!! We are glad it did, but I want another, and he doesn't right now so it's getting interesting!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• yes we wanted them right away, but what do a coupla 19yr olds know? I wish we had waited a few years. The first two years of marriage were a little crazy with newly being in the army, the first time i moved away from home 1400 miles away, then deployment 9 days after our son was born, it was crazy! Now we're stationed in Italy and we're thinking about trying for #2, but I dunno, we might be a bit selfish and wait so we can explore the country more. I didnt want my kids to be so far apart in age, but even if I got pregnant now they would be 4 yrs apart.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My dd will be three when I have my second. 3 is a good age gap. Four is even better.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My hubby and i knew that we would have a baby together but we just wanted to be more comfortable with money and what not so when i went to the doctors for a what I thought was a UTI and found out that i was expecting i was surprise then when i went 4 days later and they said i was 17 1/2 weeks a long i was really surprise. So our DD came as a surprise we were very happy and we new that we really loved and cared for one another so when our DD was 7 months old we had a very small wedding w/just family and his other 2 children. So ya we knew we want 1 together but not right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Hell no!! I wanted kids NEVER!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We did and we were fortunate enough that it worked out the way we wanted it to. Our 1st child was born 10 mos. and 7 days after we married (& just 10 mos. and 27 days after we met) and our 4th child was born 1 1/2 mos. after our 6th anniversary. We were 18 and 19 we when we married. We are now 43 and 44, will celebrate 25 years of marriage this year and our sons are now 23, 22, 19 and 18. I am glad that we did things the way we did them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I wanted kids before I wanted a hubby. Kids are fun, hubs get in the way LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I never wanted kids, but 19 years of marriage and 3 kids later, I can't remember what my life was like before them. I guess it was fun, but not memorable. We had our first right before our 4th wedding anniversary, and the other two followed every 7 years like clockwork. I think we're done. I ran out of bedrooms.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• No. We got married 4 years ago and just had our baby 6 months ago. She was conceived about 3 months after we started trying. Unless you're in your late thirties, I've never seen what the big rush is.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We didn't even wait until we were married. We got engaged on June 5, 1999 and a month later or so we were talking about having kids (we had only known each other 2 months at that point, lol) and I was pregnant by October. I was 3 months pregnant at our wedding and our oldest was born a year and a few weeks after our engagement. She'll be 10 this summer and we're expecting out 5th a couple weeks after her birthday.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2010