Throwing up

My DS is 15 months and getting his back molars. Well tonight he's been running a fever and now has thrown up twice. What liquids should I be giving him?? I don't have any pedialyte and none of the stores around here are open. He doesn't take to water very well, he's been having some juice cause I figure it's lighter then milk. I'm worried about all the sugar in consuming juice but I'm not sure what else to give him. Help??

Moonwhispers

Asked by Moonwhispers at 3:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if he wont take water give him small amounts of juice until the morning.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• When they are sick like that, and you need to keep them drinking to avoid dehydration then whatever you have on hand will often work.... Kool-aid, powerade, gatorade.... heck my doc even told me once that while she does NOT advocate kids drinking sodas if he wouldn't take anything else that I could give him small amounts of 7-up or sprite. The important thing in what he's drinking if it's one of those things is MODERATION. Hope he's better soon. (=
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Just make sure you brush his teeth - the sugar in the juice as well as the vomiting could cause problems in the long run.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• water down the juice to 50-50. im having the same problem right now only my daughter only want milk and nothing else so i watered it down a bit.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2010