How was ur first day home with baby?

Hi everyone! I had a terrible nightmare last night about bringing baby home everything was just going wrong, now I am so terrified and worried its all I can think about! I am so scared to bring a tiny little thing home and be responsible for it...I just want to know how other people felt and what happened when u brought ur baby home? I wanna know everything, like your feelings, what baby did, how u felt when he/she was sleeping, how u felt when other people wanted to hold him/her, how u felt when u were feeding him/her... ect
thx for all the comments in advance I appreciate any1s opinion thank u!

MummaMel

Asked by MummaMel at 8:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It was surreal for sure. But we had a very calm first day home - no visitors allowed. We got home, I took her upstairs - nursed her, and we both fell asleep on my bed for the rest of the day - waking to nurse every now and then, and for me to eat.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We don't have any family here. My MIL flew out the day I was discharged and arrived about an hour or two before. She was first to come out and help because she's retired and my mom isn't and had already scheduled her vacation. I adore my MIL and truthfully was glad she came before my mom, who I love, but she gets on my nerves fast. Anyway, we have two dogs and my husband had previously taken a dirty diaper home for them to sniff so we were hoping the introduction would go well. One of my dogs sniffed her and was like, whatever. The other one wanted to KILL her!! And I'm not talking pitbulls or anything vicious. I have Whippets. So that was stressful having my calm, loving dog wanting to kill my baby. I think she thought my daughter was a squeaky toy we weren't letting her have. So anyway, mostly I just held my daughter all day. CONT
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• She was 11 days early and we weren't prepared so my husband and his mom went to the grocery store and she did laundry and cooked for us. I think my husband and his mom each held her for about 15 minutes that first day. I held her the rest. My husband had started remodeling our master bath (I guess he was nesting, too) so he had to go mess with that and take my daughter's crib apart and move it into our room and put it back together (it wouldn't fit in the doorways.) So they mostly ran around while I held and nursed her. I was just in awe of her and one thing I remember thinking was how can anyone hurt a baby? You know the stories you hear about baby abuse cases and what have you, well, for some reason some of those stories came back to me that day and I just couldn't imagine people can be like that. Still can't. Anyway, I did put her down while we ate and then when we went to bed. CONT.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• But my dog that wanted to eat her kept going over to the crib and whining and I was like, there's no way I'm getting any sleep with Hazel whining all night long, so I got my daughter and went and sat on the couch holding her against my chest. Hazel laid down next to me and finally settled down to sleep and then I slept off and on and nursed her when she woke. We ended up buying a DAP diffuser thing and Rescue Remedy for Hazel and after a few days she was more in protector mode. And now she is perfectly fine with her. Doesn't hardly mind when she cries or anything. Thank goodness!! Because I was ready to boot her ass to the Whippet Rescue people. I felt really sad that she was so crazy that first day.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Well when we brought home our first dd, it was December 5th 05, and my husband had just got our blazer's water pump, and heater fixed so we thought all was going well! I got discharged from the hospital mid morning and my hubby picked us up. When we were just about leaving town to our house our blazer started over heating and everything from there on out went horrible. It was 20 below, we couldn't make it home. My dad was out of town so his house was locked. We had to wait at his house in his driveway for about 30 minutes until someone could rescue us. Then his mom had to come into town pick us up and bring us home. We were stranded without a vehicle and a newborn baby and we lived 45 minutes in the country! It was the worst thing possible that could have happened! I also had to keep my blood pressure down because I had pre-eclampsia! That blazer cost us 2,500 dollars to fix it too!

With my 2nd DD it went very well though!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I felt very calm, and just knew that I could handle it. And then when I went to go change my baby boy's first diaper at home, he peed in his own mouth. Everyone had always told me that baby boys will pee during diaper changes, and to be prepared, but it never happened in the hospital, so I though some how my baby boy was different; special. He started crying and screaming, and I felt like the worst, most ill-prepared mom in the whole world. But that was the worst of it. He is now a happy healthy six year old boy, and I love to tease him about that first day.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• the first day wasnt bad at all, the next 3-4weeks are a little harder bcause its a change for the both of you, as long as you can get a shower and anp ull be fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• FANTASTIC! He slept most of the day and I just sat there watching him :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2010