Should i be upset, or should i let this go? He ruined my birthday evening last night

We were supposed to go eat, then go have a few drinks somewhere, maybe listen to some live music. We get home from eating, he calls everyone that wanted to come out for my b-day & cancels because he was already too full & too buzzed to go on to the next event.

THEN, he tells me that he had thrown away something personal of mine that i ordered online & never recieved. This was a while ago, but he finally admitted last night that i got it in the mail but he threw it away. I kind of lost it, i was so angry at him for that & he refused to apologize about it saying "he was not in the least bit sorry" The evening was ruined. He went to bed & i went to the bar around the corner & let stangers buy me drinks for my birthday. I'm so absloutley hurt that our fun night was ruined. How do i fix this? I'm so mad at him, i just want him to apologize but he wont. Do i let it go or stick to my guns? I want to break something of his!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i wouldnt break or ruin anything of his, it will just turn into a vicious cycle where he will then have to ruin or toss something of yours. I would stick to your guns, he does need to apologize for throwing something of yours away, and if he was tired fine, he could have stayed home while you went out with friends, it was your bday, not his. Im sorry he was such a turd. Leave him alone about it while hes wasted, bring it up again after hes sober and let him know how you feel
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:41 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• hey your husband and mine should get together my husband missed our annversery he was over his cousins house puting up camras for him instead of being home with me he could of done that another night i know how you feel if he cared he would of taking you out
    men suck lol really they do trust me i can live with out them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• happy birthdayholding gifts      HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• OP HERE

Thanks ladies. Men do suck! Not sure why i keep expecting more...LOL! That is MY FAULT for expecting more than what a stupid man can offer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I know it's not what you probaly want to hear but can you tell us what it was he thew away? I mean it's not right to do what he did but are we missing a piece? Was the something that you were sent, something you two had already discussed an he was against? It was really mean to tell you on your birthday and it makes me think he did it on purpose. Like to zing ya one:(
    Sorry no matter what though, a special day should be let to be special.
    zigi101

Answer by zigi101 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes I would be mad if my Dh threw something away that I ordered.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If this was a boyfriend or so, he would be my EX! If it was my husband, I would let him know that he ruined my birthday- and he owes me a 'replacement' -- meaning he plans and executes a fabulous night out for us. I would also let him know that I am pissed he threw my property away, and I let him know I expect him to buy me another to replace it and that he had better keep his hands off my stuff-- or his stuff will be fair game to me (and he might not like what I do to his stuff...)
    Anonymous