Do you and your hubby/partner fly with your children all together or seperately?

My hubby and I are taking our family to Disney this coming Christmas and he refuses to all fly together. He feels that it's just not safe. He wants to take two of our children on a different flight then me and my other two children. I think he's being insain to think that it would better to have 1/2 of us alive vs. all dead. What do you thing?

zigi101

Asked by zigi101 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I think he's a bit insane on that one too LOL

we all flew together and it was just fine.

and this might sound bad to some people, but honestly if the plane were to crash, I'd rather have all my family there with me than to be the 1/2 that survived on the other plane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• A little odd to me. Your chances of being in a fatal plane crash are much less then a fatal car wreck. Does he make you drive separate cars every where you go?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think it would be opening can of worms. If it is flying today will it be cars tomorrow? What about living in the same house... it could catch fire.

However, if he is VERY insistent... then you might very gently suggest he talk to someone (counseling) regarding his fears.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• All the points that I made to him.....it is more dangerous to travel in a car than a plane. Plus I would rather die with all my children also then 1/2. He is insistant that we fly seperately or we don't fly. If we don't fly then we have to take another week off for travel. Ohhhhh he is such a butt head:) The thing that kills me is that he has no real reasons other then the plane crashing down as to why not to all fly together.
    zigi101

Answer by zigi101 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I have friends that when they travel with no children they fly different flights. They figure if something happened one would be here to care for the kids but they do fly together when they take the kids.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I've heard of that before. But I think it kinda makes sense. However...I would never agree to it personally. I would tell my hubby...if I found out YOUR plane had crashed, or gotten hijacked or whatever, and you and the kids (in my case, it would be kid cuz we only have two) had died...I wouldn't want to continue living. That would be the hardest thing in the world to deal with. And plus, I am TERRIFIED of planes...so I wouldn't fly without him. I would talk to him about it more and express your feelings...and come to some kind of agreement. Good luck...and hopefully NOBODY'S plane has any problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• That does seem odd. If he's persistent though, go along with it and make him take the youngest kids or whichever ones that are the hardest to deal with.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Since you are much more likely to die in a car crash, does he insist that you travel in separate cars?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• never heard of such a thing
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• That is crazy! My husband has never suggested something like that & he has very stange thoughts. Does he maybe want to flirt with the flight attendants? Anyway, if you do go that route, I would say that you get to pick the 2 kids you travel with, since you don't want to do this.
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010