Could I be in the early stages of labor?

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my first child. 4 days ago, I had some mildly painful contractions coming every 7 minutes for about 2 hours, then they stopped. Since then the contractions have been much stronger, but also really irregular. A few of these have been so strong that I was unable to walk. After I have these contractions, I have a constant backache, and my stomach stays sore for the remainder of the day. I am having a lot of trouble getting in touch with my dr., and I'm not sure if I should be worried or just sit and wait for the normal contractions to come every 5 minutes?

GraysonsMom2010

Asked by GraysonsMom2010 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its not always every 5min. they will come.....lOL...with 2 out of my 3 boys my contractions never got any closer than 10min apart until i was almost 8cm dialated. and mine never were very regular, but i did have contractions that hurt so bad i couldnt walk or even talk with one of my boys. I would go to the hospital if you cant get a hold of your OB. if you think you are in labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If they are irregular the are most likely braxton hicks. Once they are regular and geting closer you are in labor. Try to take a bath and relax. Braxton hicks can sometimes really hurt. Just keep watching them. Good luck and hope you can get some rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2010