Braxton hicks?

It has been 6 years since my last pregnancy so I can't remember how they feel... I had them early with my last one also.. Anyway I will be sitting here and my belly tenses up.... Can your uturs tense up with out being a braxton hick? I seem to have them a lot, if i turn a certin way it will trigger one to.. I just don't want to deal with this the whole pregnancy like I did with the last one! I was 23 weeks with the first one and I am 17 weeks with this one... yes I have called my ob, they keep telling me to take tylenol and lay down well that doesnt work!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my braxton hicks started early this pregnancy as well. i talked to my dr and she said not to be concerned unless there are 4 or more in an hour. even though, in my case, it's just a tightening and it doesn't hurt at all, she said to keep track of how often they occur. and to drink water, walk around and empty my bladder when i notice them. so far, this has helped. i think we notice them more when we sit for a long time or have "held it" too long. =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• There are sometimes where I do get more than 4 an hour but I do sit around alot because of them...lol I thought moving around more would make them worse not the oppsite....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• braxon hicks prepare ur body for the real contraction, every women feels them differently , my sister u could see her belly tighten up and losen again, me on the other hand i had them for two days before my water broke and they only bothered me id say about 3hrs straight then got better
    Anonymous

• the difference between false labor and real labor is that walking around will stop false and nothing can stop the real thing! so try those tips any time you feel you may be having too many contractions or when you think you might be in labor, later on. walking around, drinking lots of water, emptying your bladder, and (after all that) resting on your left side, are all ways to get rid of false labor pains/suspicions.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 9:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2010