If u have a chance to live in a Columbia,SC or Charleston,SC which one will u chose?

I want to move to start my life anew, leaving everthing behind just starting over. I have 6 kids and I need a bigger house. I make 25,000 a year and the kind of house I want I cannot afford it. Unless I get a 2 job or get a double wide. I have to make a choice that's good because of my kids. I need to know how to check out the schools. I need to check out the neighborshoods,I can transfer my job so that is not a problem. I just need to get it together if I move to these places I know the cost of living will be more. I need to move to a place where my kids can have a place where they can go,like a boys club,ymca,skating rings. I just need some advice being I am a single mother.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We live just outside of Columbia. My husband says Charleston because it's a bigger city and closer to the beach. Which makes me think it's probably a little more expensive to live there. Columbia isn't bad. We prefer the west coast, so we don't love it here, but we don't hate it, either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think columbia is absolutely beautiful, and charleston is too, but it is wicked expensive imo.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Charleston, SC is so expensive. You'll have to live way outside of the metro area to be able to even afford a double wide.
    Columbia is less expensive and has many more metro. areas around it. West Columbia, Cayce, Lexington, Pine Ridge, Red Bank, Irmo....all areas around Columbia that are still near enough to do things in Columbia proper.
    Other towns you might look at, Rock Hill, SC - close to Charlotte, NC. Spartanburg, SC - good schools, lots of less expensive areas and close to Greenville, SC without the cost of living in Greenville.
    Just remember the closer to the coast, the more expensive it is to find housing, pay for food, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010