more or not?

My daughter will be 1 in april and me and my husband absolutely love being parents. I feel like there is no greater joy than seeing our daughter. We would love more children soon. My husband would like another but he will be deploying for 15 months at the end of summer. I know I could handle another baby without him there while he is gone, but im absolutely terrified that if god forbid something happened to him that I would be all alone with 2 babies. I know I probably sound horrible for saying that but I do. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, when I decided I wanted my son there was no question. It was "I want a baby, PERIOD!" So I think until you reach that point, you should wait so you don't end up second guessing yourself.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Horrible no, realistic yes. That is something that you need to consider. And you one is only one, no point on having the kids back to back. Give yourself a break and wait until you are sure no questions or doughts.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Well something could happen to him right now as I am typing this, think about that once! Our lives are not promised, that should not justify you wanting to have another child or not. When I wanted another one I never even thought of things like this. I wish you and your hubby the best, live your life like their is no tomorrow! Good luck on your choice making!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The World Health Organization recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc for the mothers health and the best outcome for the baby.

It's normal to want another baby but it's not fair to your child to have two babies to take care of. I hope you are still breastfeeding and if you continued to do so you would face the challenges of breastfeeding during a pregnancy and then maybe breastfeeding two.
    Anonymous