Weirded out...Women in their 30's with tubes tied-please clue me in.(Long details. I apologize.)

Yes. I'm going to get a test just to be sure. And I'm going to make an appointment with my OB/GYN. I just want to know if anyone else who has had a tubal ligation has experienced this. I normally get my period every 25-28 days, like clockwork, and it is a normal to a heavy flow. About 6 days before my period was due this month, I started spotting. Very, very, very lightly. I put a pad on just in case it was my actual period...But I didn't. I spotted very very lightly on and off for six days and it just stopped altogether. Then Friday, I thought I was getting my period, because I started spotting again, and even put a pad on-and there was a very slight spotting on the pad. Nothing like what I'm used to. NOTHING! Earlier this month, I threw up three mornings in a row. The smell of pancakes and then boiling chicken made me sick. My nipples have been killing me. I'm HOPING it is nothing more than hormonal changes. Anyone? Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Health

• My dr told me it wasn't 100%, but it wasn't until just recently that I discovered that sometimes the chances can be even greater. For example, I was 24 and had it done immediately after my c-section for my youngest. I've since found where they say that being young, and having it done in conjunction with a c-section can increase the chances of failure. In speaking to my dr again recently, he's tried to assure me that pregnancy is a very high improbability, but admits that it does happen, and more frequently than the drs would like to admit. So, if I were you, I'd get a test ASAP. It might be nothing, probably IS nothing, but better to be safe than sorry, right?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• That's a scary thought!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• OP here-My husband and I have been extremely sexually active lately...and that usually helps my period come ON, but even though I would be thrilled if God saw fit for us to have another child, because ALLEGEDLY part of my tubes were removed and then clamped, if I am pregnant, chances are it's either tubal or ectopic-and yeah that is scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• O my lord I hope everything alright. I gotten my tied but I got the essure and I've been reading how women were getting pregnant. So I hope everything works out for u.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I have my tubes tied and they told me it isnt 100% you can still get pregant although its very rare. I know two friends who did get pregnant after having their tubes tied, unfortunately both lost their babies. One was an ectopic pregnancy so you should get looked at.

Answer by gemgem at 11:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• OP again...what makes it even more weird is last month my husband and I were joking about what we would do if we ended up mysteriously pregnant again. He said he wouldn't mind. I said I'd be happy-but I would want a complete hysterectomy afterwards! And he keeps asking me NOW if I'm pregnant! Yeah. WAAAAAY to set my mind at ease! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Wow. I don't know what to say. My aunt had a tubal ligation young but never had any issues with it that I know of. But I have known quite a few women get pregnant later because of it self reversing. Actually it happens with vasectomies too and my brother's one coworker got his wife pregnant 1 year after his vasectomy. Freaked them out. That's why I got Essure done (no chance of self reversal). Good luck!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Can you explain Essure to me? I'm also going to google it. I've never heard of it, so I don't think that's what I got done. Like I said...a small piece of my phillopian tubes were removed and then clamped...at least that's what my ob told me was probably going to be done. It's been four years and 2 weeks since I got it done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubal_ligation
    I got the bilateral salpingectomy-which is only 99% the first year, with effectiveness actually declining in following years! For the love of bacon cheeseburgers with blue cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and dill pickles...*drools down face onto teeshirt*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My husband's aunt has a 19 year old, whom she got pregnant with AFTER a tubal ligation!
    Anonymous