I know it's not a huge deal, but do misspellings and grammatical errors make you cringe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It does bother me, but I don't say anything or correct them, unless it's my husband. haha. The main word that bothers me the most is DINING.......NOT DINNING. If I read DINNING, I can't help but pronounce it like that in my head over and over. LOSE and LOOSE also bother me. I won't correct anyone on here, though. That's not my duty. I make mistakes sometimes and if someone pointed it out to me, I'd be mad, because I know I can spell. I just made a mistake. I hope I didn't offend anyone. It may bother me, but I won't be the one correcting you! :) Now I need to get to work. My DINNING room table needs to be cleaned and I may LOOSE my mind if it gets any messier.
    lubbockmommy510

Answer by lubbockmommy510 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes! Makes me crazy!
    wanttoadopt0707

Answer by wanttoadopt0707 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If it's not every word and just like one or two or it looks like it's more of a typing error, then misspellings don't bother me. Grammatical errors for the most part do make me cringe. If every word is misspelled and/or easy words are misspelled, it makes me cringe. My husband is no spelling bee champ and he's an engineer but he can spell easy stuff. Plus if you use Safari or Firefox it spell checks for you so there is no excuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If every other word is messed up and it's hard to read, yes. But if it's a typing error or they spelled a few words wrong, no, I'm not an English teacher and this isn't school.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• That isno't good. Pleeze dono't make funny of I. Ur triing to get peeple to laff at I.

WHO CARES! Not everyone is as educated, or they have learning dissabilities.

PS. Anon 9:49.......gimme a break....let's use spell check every single time, so we don't have an excuse?! RUDE. Don't read peoples' questions or answers if it bothers you THAT MUCH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• If there are constant text abbreviations it makes me think the poster is VERY young.

If the grammar is horrible it makes me think the poster is uneducated.

If the spelling his horrible it makes me think the poster is lazy (there is a spell check).

Typos I can over look

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes. As a student, I was taught proper English. I think that if you are going to use it, you should learn it and use it properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yep they do

Answer by gemgem at 10:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I'm dyslexic, half the time the stuff that is spelled correctly looks wrong to me... lol! So random misspellings don't bother me. But the honest to goodness "I tried to spell this wrong" stuff does drive me insane!

I saw someone spell School SKEWL yesterday - All I could do was look at the screen cockeyed...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Indeed it does.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2010