What have you read lately?

Other than the Twilight saga...what good books have you read lately? im on a search to find something new to read.

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 10:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The true blood books are called the Sookie Stackhouse series, so far they are 10, next one is due out in May. I LOVE them. Go to amazon and get the box set its so much cheaper. I just read Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I saw the preview for the movie, with Leonardo DiCaprio and then someone mentioned its a great book. I couldn't put it down, finished in two days. He also wrote Mystic River.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I read the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice they are very good, so are any Jane Austen books.

Answer by gemgem at 10:57 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I read The Golden Compass.Not sure why this is a kids book. It was very violent...
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Right now, I'm reading Blood Sins by Kay Hooper. Recently I read Heavenstone Secrets by V.C. Andrews, Cold River by Carla Neggers, Cell by Stephen King. Next on my list are The Associate by John Grisham, Under The Dome by Stephen King, Final Arrangements by Miles Keaton Andrew, Roadwork by Stephen King as Richard Bachman, and Ford County by John Grisham. My boyfriend, my parents and myself are all kind of book hounds, so I always have tons of reading material. lol My kids are finally getting into reading, too. I'm waiting for them to get a bit older so they can read (or I can read it to them) the Lord of the Rings series.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• What are the books called for the True Blood series?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• im really into Kathleen E. Woodiwiss right now, her stuff is romance, I love her writing. Jodi Picoult the author of My sisters keeper, the tenth circle, 19 minutes, Plain truth are all very good books, Nicholas Sparks books are very popular right now, I have read all of them. Nicholas Evans wrote the Horse Whisperer and The Loop and a few others that are also amazing. Cecilia Ahern wrote P.S. I love you, Jennifer Weiner wrote in her shoes, Lauren Weisberger wrote Devil wears prada,
    goodreads.com is a great place to find new books, you choose a genre and go from there!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Oh...Sookie Stackhouse series is by Charlaine Harris.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I just finished My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and Atlas Shrugged which I wasn't really crazy about. I've just started to read some Repairman Jack books by F. Paul Wilson. I've got The Time Traveller's Wife waiting for me and I've read one of the Sookie Stackhouse books and really enjoyed it. I also like the Eve Dallas books by J. D. Robb and the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies..these all sound good. ive also been recommended to read The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Heres to happy reading!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 3:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2010