2 year old daughters pee is light brown and has bad smell

Thursday morning my daughter woke up with light brown pee and it smelled kinda bad, so i took most of her juice out of her diet and what little bit hse did get it was diluted. Friday the color was light but still had some smell. She normally pees in the potty and has for about 2 months, but everytime she ask to go when she was sitting on the potty she strained really hard like it hurt but she never could pee. Saturday, her pee was normal color but smelled like (gross but idk if this smell has something to do with it) brown gravy. Now today she wont eat and wants very little to drink. Her pee is darker than it was the first day and smells AWFUL! she is still pooping fine and its "normal". and she hasnt had a fever, in fact its been below normal. Ideas of whats going on or what to do till i get her in to see her dr? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is going through the same thing....she usually drinks a TON and has slowed down. we'll be taking her to the dr's tomorrow cause I think she may have a bladder infection. Not drinking enough :(
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• momov...
    Definitely bring her to a Dr. It sounds like it could be a bladder infection. Give her lots of water to drink til then. Try to keep sugary foods out of her diet too.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:07 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think it's very likely she has a bladder or kidney infection. I would bring her in ASAP... I wouldn't wait until tomorrow.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Take her to the dr. It's probably a UTI.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Deffinetally sounds like a uti. you should get it checked out right away. If it has gone unnoticed for too long the infection can spread into her kidneys and then into her blood stream making her very sick and would have to be hospitialized.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 5:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2010