Is 25,000 a year alot of money for a family of 7 ?

Could u survive making this much money.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 11:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• No. Its below the poverty level. You would need state help with food and medical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yikes! Definitely not for a family of 7. That would probably be enough if it were just my dh and I, without children.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• hell no!

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• You could survive, if you had no mortgage/rent, no car payment, and had no cell phones, NO DEBT...etc. If you grew your own food and raised animals and such....even without it..if you have the drive, yes you could survive. Shop at second hand stores for clothing, shoes and other items.
    Anything is possible.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:05 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I don't think a couple without kids could survive on that!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• we as a family of 4 lived on 30,000 but i was frugal and grow our own veggies in season, am a garage sale queen, and ruler of coupons. now this did have to pay mortgage, car, cell, internet, power, gas, preschool, groceries, etc. but like above poster said anything is possible depending on your overhead but it would be frugal living at its best!!! GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Depends. If you don't pay a mortgage; don't have a car; don't pay utilties; cable; phone .......etc and live with family that has all of that maybe you could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• no that is not.

it's actually below the national poverty level, making the family eligible for public assistance.
    Anonymous

• I HAVE been surviving on LESS than $25000 a year for my family of four! But just barely. Thanks for reminding me how broke I really am! *runs away crying*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Not where I live. I'd be forclosing and applying for PA on that salary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2010