Do I have the right...

to turn up the heater at work or should I have to freeze because no one else likes it hot? I am in the office all day long during the weekends. Very rarely is anyone else in here for as long as I am. I get cold very easily and my hands start to hurt so I turn on the heater. As soon as my co-workers walk in the door they start complaining about how hot it is, they get upset and tell me that I shouldn't turn on the heater... that it's burning up in here. I just went back there and someone turned it off. I am a smaller than them so maybe my weight has something to do with me being cold but I am in here all day... they are not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You need to come to terms with them and find a happy medium. You have a right to feel comfortable too.

Answer by older at 11:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I do and I tried talking to them but they make me feel bad. I even suggested getting a space heater and my co-worker who shares and office with me begged me not to. It kind of made him upset.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Can u buy a little heater that only u can feel. I have that same problem at work ,I wear my coat the whole 12 hours.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• wear thicker clothes. Wear layers of clothes. Bring a small lap afghan to use on your lap.

yes it's rude
    you vs. the whole rest of the office.
    I understand you want to be comfortable too, but in a group setting, sorry but the majority wins.
    Anonymous

• I would wear gloves and a winter jacket at work to emphasise that you are cold. It is an office theat you have to share, that means that they have to share as well.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 12:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

• I get cold very easily too, thankfully I'm a SAHM. I live in SoCal and I usually have a jacket with me at all times - the people here don't care, even if it's cold outside most stores have the AC on! I usually have coats with me in summer too because stores have the AC at ridiculous temperatures. AC is one thing, arctic weather inside is another!

At work, I understand that everyone has to be comfortable, but how cold is it that your HANDS are actually freezing. Are they leaving it at ridiculously cold temperatures for that to be happening? In that case, I'd say maybe the heat needs to be on, but not at such a temperature that everyone is mega hot. I think the space heater idea is best. I got a small one at Target that I use around the house because sometimes it's cold even if the heat is on a good temperature. I think it'd be best to reason with your office buddy. I know it's hard to work well when you're cold.
    Anonymous