Is anyone else sick of people who bring their religion into EVERYTHING?

You know the type.. it's like just keep it to yourself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I know exactly the type you're talking about. The best part is, most of the time they say something ignorant and try to say it in the name of their religion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• A persons faith is part of who they are so it will come out in conversation. I don't like hearing profanities and vulgar music yet I hear people curse and hear some pretty bad music when out and about. I guess we all have to deal with hearing things we don't like. I have a relative who is Atheist and they constantly let me know how stupid I am for my faith. I get sick of hearing it and rarely see them because of it. They don't know the meaning of the word tolerance so until they learn that won't be a part of my life. If you don't like hearing about a persons religion you can do the same and distance yourself from the person who you feel is offending you. You could also speak to them and let them know how you feel in a polite way.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The worst are the ones who can't put together an entire sentence without mentioning their god.  These people have absolutely no independent thought, they just keep reguritating scripture. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• "A persons faith is part of who they are so it will come out in conversation. I don't like hearing profanities and vulgar music yet I hear people curse and hear some pretty bad music when out and about. I guess we all have to deal with hearing things we don't like. I have a relative who is Atheist and they constantly let me know how stupid I am for my faith. I get sick of hearing it and rarely see them because of it. They don't know the meaning of the word tolerance so until they learn that won't be a part of my life. If you don't like hearing about a persons religion you can do the same and distance yourself from the person who you feel is offending you. You could also speak to them and let them know how you feel in a polite way."

if only that worked.....
    Anonymous

• I have had family of my in-laws do this. Example: my hubby's step-dad's mom was talking to me at Thanksgiving time and walked up to me and just started going on and on about her religion. Saying that my children were blessing given to us by God and that when they were born how hard she prayed for them and they go better. The way she said it made it sound like it was HER that caused them to get well.

First, I do not believe the same as she does, but was polite. I did tell her that I know why our twins (one was VERY sick at birth) and our youngest pulled through. It was because of my grandmother.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• wow... palexander.. thats crazy.. some religious kooks are really scary... i dont get it because religion is supposed to be between you and what ever you believe in, and these people dont know how to keep it that way let alone how to not shove it down your throat.. i have deleted people from my friends list on face book because they wont stop doing it..
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 10:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010