what should i do?

i have gestational diabetes i am 33weeks along and took my blood test already one for fasting which was high it was 94 and then after breakfeast i took it again all i had was 1 packet of grits with 1 peice of cheese and a glass of water the reading was 182 .... which doctor should i call my obgyn doctor or my regular doctor i am so worried and confused... please no bashing ... i need help

Monkeychick

Asked by Monkeychick at 11:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Health

• have they put you on a diet? Usually it can be controlled with a specific diet. I believe your not supposed to be eating stuff with sugar or large amouts/extra salt. Cheese would not be something to eat! If they haven't, ask them about it! They should have told you exactly what you can and can't eat with GB!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• they said a small amount of cheese was fine and the lady said grits 1 packet was fine just as long as we dont over do it which i havent i am really worried i been following the diet ... i dont know whts going on
    Monkeychick

Answer by Monkeychick at 12:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• how soon after you ate did you test?
    I believe you are supposed to wait 1 or 2 hours to get an accurate reading.

even though you don't think about it, dairy has a form of sugar in it Lactose. If it ends in OSE it's a sugar. Glucose, Sucrose, Fructose, Lactose, Cellulose, etc.

Anonymous

• i waited an hour thats what my teacher told me to do take it a hour after you eat your first bite
    Monkeychick

Answer by Monkeychick at 12:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2010