What breeds of dogs have you owned/cared for, and what is you favorite?

Can't beat a Heinz dog...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My most beloved dog was a rescue Maltese. His name was Wuzzle (he picked his name, I swear!!!). We found him as a tiny pup twisting in circles at a busy intersection, brought him home and he instantly became part of the family. He was adorable, and smart. I don't have a favorite breed. I think if you have the opportunity to take an animal into your home, always consider rescue. Some people get sick of their animals and literally just throw them out. Can you imagine living in your home, being fed, loved and taken care of, and then the next day, you are thrown out to fend for yourself without any warning??
    MEESH72

Answer by MEESH72 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I have had many many mutts, and I love them. Right now I have a dachshund, a silky terrier, and two cavalier king charles spaniel. They are all rescues and I did not really go looking for any of them. All of my dogs seem to find me. I have to say my absolute fav has been my good ol hound mutts. My fav of current pups are the cavaliers, they are so sweet and cuddly and love everyone.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• *shakes head at self* "what is you favorite?" That SHOULD say "YOUR"
    Anonymous

• Right now I have two Australian shepards. I prefer big dogs so that is what I always have. Breed is not so important to me, and they are all rescue animals because that is important to me.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I currently have a mini pug, she is adorable and so loving, also very smart. She is the best dog I've ever had. Pugs are great dogs, but they tend to have a lot of breathing problems due to their smushed in noses. Other than that I would definitely suggest getting a pug if you are looking for a loving,cuddly lap dog. I also have a Siberian husky, she is also very smart and is also a very loving dog, she was a inside dog until her size made it impossible to keep her in any long. Luckily we live in a place where she can run free. The only thing that I do not like about her is that she kills birds, rabbits, ground moles, squirrels and other small animals. I know it is only nature, but I love all the little animals.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• We have 3 rescue dogs, 2 German Shepherds, and a Siberian Husky. Mutts are great dogs but so many people buy dogs and then don't want them anymore or can't afford to keep them, dump them or just give them to shelters, so we rescue them.

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I love rottweilers, but I don't think they're a good dog for small children. Mine would get excited when you played with her and if she knocked into you, you could fall. I have been doing a lot of research and I've decided to check out a cockapoo(cockerspaniel/poodle). I don't want to deal with the shedding, poodles are smart, and cockerspaniels are great family dogs. I do not plan on getting one until my kids ask me a billion times.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Chows, LOVED her. Pitt LOVED her as well. Boston terrier PERFECT! But PLEASE do your research BEFORE dog comes home. Diet unforseen vet issues health issues. The "type" of dog HAS to fit the type of family. You dont want to bring one home just because I like the breed, or you like the colors of the dog. lololol
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I've had an Old English Sheep Dog, Eskimo Spitz, sooner, German Shepard and an Australian Shepard. I loved every one of the dogs over the years. I really like my Aussie though. She has such a personality.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• ohhh let see.....i've had a lab x with something..german sheppard x husky...purebred german sheppard..cocker spaniel..golden retriever..maltipoo x shihtzu..and 3 other kinds..lol, but i cant for the life of me remember what they were..i know what they look like, but the breeds, i dont remember..(i was young when we had them)..and honestly i cant pick a favorite..they had definetly had theyre own personalities, strengths and weaknesses..my lab x was my best friend when i was a kid, she was perfect, until she snapped at one of the kids my mom was babysitting, the only reason she snapped was because the lil boy was tugging at his dew claws..my german sheppard x husky was awesome because she was soooo loyal..she knew when you were sad, and would come and comfort you, she made ya smile!! but on the down side she was sooo lazy LOL...my purebred german sheppard was awesome because i had her for the longest..she was MYYY dog..cont..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2010