Women dressing identitcal to their daughters: creepy or cute?

And I mean from age newborn to adult.

They had a challenge on Project Runway where they had to design outfits for little girls and their model "moms". It was interesting, to say the least =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Little kid, Christmas card--cute. Big kid, Disney World—cheesy. Teenager, shopping trip—bizarre/sad.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• when they are under 10 it can be cute over 10 is creepy.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think that it doesn't have to match 100%. Coordinating is ok.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 12:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I watched that episode, and it wasn't way creepy....I've seen mom's and daughters have the SAME EXACT OUTFIT. Literally, the same. I find that to be creepy. It's one thing to kinda "coordinate" but you shouldn't be wearing EXACTLY what your kids are wearing. Either the adult looks ridiculous in a kid outfit, OR the child/children look TOO OLD for thier own good. Bad idea.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I know some women who do this, the daughter is about 25 and the mom about 50. I think its creepy. I agree that when they are very small it could be cute, but not when both of them are grown women. These women wear the same thing everyday
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Sad. That mother's can't accept that they are getting older, and need to "compete" with their young daughters.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• 25 and 50? That's just.....................wrong.
    Anonymous

• My mom has always tried to get me to dress like her. She KNOWS that we have different clothing tastes. She tries to dress like a 30 year old and I just dress however I want...but I certainly don't dress older than I am. She buys me terrible looking outfits, I accept them and say thanks anyway : / It's the thought that counts, I guess.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The way they did it on PR is fine - kind of sort of related outfits, but not identical (Jay's was awesome, and so was Seth's). Dressing identically like in those matching mother daughter Christmas dresses from the Sears Wish Book, no no no and no.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I guess it is ok for some. lol
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2010