Is anyone else tired of seeing a spelling or grammar Nazi in the comment section of their question?

I understand that seeing mispelled words can be irritating at times and grammar errors are annoying, however, is it necessary to always point out the problem with out addressing the real issue? I guess that I liken the situation to going around and saying "Your ass is too big" or "I don't like your hair color" when you ask if I like bananas. Seriously, can you answer the question at hand, and not just comment on the spelling issues or grammar errors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I agree. As long as the poster is getting their point across and you can understand what they are trying to ask, then who freaking cares if they mispelled something or forget a ,? Last time I checked this isn't Cafe English Class...
    Anonymous

• The only time that I will comment on these is when the question is hard to understand because of it. The written word is how we communicate on here, and if it is hard to understand it is hard to give good advice etc. If you are using it as a point in your rebuttal then you are just being a jerk. If I can understand what the person is asking then I don't say anything, if I can't then I will.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Actually its more of an educational matter and I see those complaining about people complaining about their grammar as not looking at the real issue. They should take more time to learn how to spell and use proper grammer. I find it even more fascinating when it is the same people trying to make statements of fact or arguments in the political category. If you cant spell and use proper grammar then you probably dont understand what youre argueing about. Everyone is entitled to their pet peeves and I remain someone who will see those with bad spelling and poor grammar as people who either 1. have no education or 2. dont care enough about the way they present themselves to matter.
    Anonymous

• If someone makes grammar or spelling errors while in the process of suggesting someone else is stupid or ignorant or in any way a lessor person (usually because they don't agree with the OP) they are begging for the corrections. And it seems that quite often, the bad grammar and spelling go hand in hand with insults.
    Anonymous

• I just ignore them. The point of the post is to communicate a question and/or answer. If someone can get their point across then that works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I care more about people you use the term Nazi. Nazi's kill people out of hatred and intolerence. Perhaps six million dead people don't bother you, but I find the word Nazi to be just as hateful as the n word.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• OP here- I appologize for the use of the word NAZI. I will change it to Spelling and Grammar Police. I do not believe that it is the job of people on cafemom to educate others on spelling and grammar. Cafemom is a forum to communicate with other moms, not to teach or try belittle others for their mistakes. I guess I would like for moms that are going to comment to keep it on topic or don't bother. JMO.
    Anonymous

• I ignore the gramar nazi . If my faliure to be perfect is all that they are concerned with. Then I really don't want their POV anyway . I want opinions from women with Depth of Character ,
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• To the OP..thank you for being resposive to the use of the word 'nazi'. As for the question- as long as I can understand their point it isn't an issue. If I can't understand what they are asking I try to just move on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2010