DO YOU SUPPORT OUR TROOPS ?

I recently received this text
I won't be drinking Starbucks !!
Recently marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and requested that they sent some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send them their brand of coffee.
So as to not offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products. I feel as if we should get this out and in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some people, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street to street and house to house. If you feel the same way pass it along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know. thanks so much for your suppport. I know you'll all be there.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've never heard of or met anyone who doesn't support the TROOPS. You can have different feelings about the war, but there should be support for our troops regardless. They don't have the choice of when, where, and if they want to fight...but they do so because they want to protect our freedom. They signed up for the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, etc. knowing that they might not agree with everything they are asked to do...but they do so in the name of America. That is the bravest and most self-less thing.
    Anonymous

• You can buy little coffee packs at starbucks and they sent them to the troops in I and A. Chain letters are awful. My husband said they are decent enough.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• IF this is true, I say this will be a PR nightmare for Starbucks. But I highly doubt it's true, it would be national news.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Yes! I support our troops--they need all the support they can get--especially since our current Commander in Chief doesn't support them!!! But regardless of whether or not this story is true, I never could justify $5+ for a cup of coffee! So I'll continue with my boycott of unnecessary spending!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• MANY companies don't want to donate to the troops.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• There were many Starbucks where I lived and in Cali too, that had baskets out that you bought the coffee for the troops and they would match it. They then sent it off to the troops. So I don't think this is true...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• YOUR INFORMATION IS FALSE.  Please research before you post, otherwise you perpetuate false information:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

http://www.scambusters.org/starbucks.html

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_starbucks_marines.htm

Anonymous

• Anon beat me to it but I have to say CHECK YOUR SOURCES AND SITES LIKE SNOPES BEFORE YOU PASS THIS BS ON TO OTHERS!

I hate these friggin things.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

I hate these friggin things."

Me three. You guys beat me to it. OP Come up with a real question yourself or at least research the BS you post!
    Anonymous

• Already knew this was bull.I am with Lori though I have never and do not ever plan to pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010