this is my first time going into labor, how worried should i be?

i am very tiny and i dont know how this baby is going to come out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nothing to worry about, think happy thoughts, you are about to embark on the ride of your life, only you can do this deed, and nature will take care of the rest.

Answer by older at 3:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Labor is stressful no matter what size you are. This is why we have doctors to help us through labor!!! Just rest until its time then you will do fine!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Belive that women don't grow babies bigger than they can birth.

To increase your chances of avoiding a C-section there are things you can do. You can pick a place to give birth that will allow you to give birth in any position. When you squat you open up your pelvis and your baby can more easily move through. That means now monitor and no epidural.

Choose a care provider that has a low C-section rate. Consider home birth or a birth center. Go to childbirth classes. Read books. Read about childbirth online. Hire a doula to be with you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i have always been extremely tiny...i was barely 100lbs when i got pregnant with my first, and the only thing that seemed to grow was him. But when it came time to have him, it just came natural. You'll have plenty of help from the dr and nurses they will be there for you.
    Anonymous

• Do not fight the pain! accept the pain and breath calmly through each contraction...Don't worry about your size, have you seen "little people big world" the mom is not even 4 ft tall and she carried twins!! So relax don't work yourself up......all you need to remember is calmly breath during the contractions...don not fight the pain.
    Anonymous

• tiny or huge, your body will handle labor just fine. our bodies were built for this. Just breathe and try to be calm when you feel the contractions. I tell ya, I didnt realize how important prenatal yoga was till I was in labor! The breathing exercises they teach arent just for the exercises, but for contractions as well!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• First, how are you since asking this question?? A new little one in your arms?
    To your question, I would just try to relax as best you can. Do what is best for you. In other words don't let anyone else tell you you shouldn't have an epidural or you should, you should wait to go in or go etc....Anything like this. Do this your way. And trust that everything will be just fine. Best of wishes to you!
    lara33

Answer by lara33 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Im a tiny person well tall but skinny this is my 3rd pregnancy I have to lil girl's who I had vaginal and with no meds to help the pain I went natural all the way and the best part of my pregnancies is to give birth so I know you will do fine you can handle it... good luck
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 8:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• The body is designed to open, separate, handle a baby much bigger than you'd expect~~
    IF you are working with your labor, intuitively.
    Listen to what your body wants to do--- not lie down, recline.

Are you healthy? Or have you had an accident, genetic issues, something abnormal, you can do it.

Who is going to be with you when you deliver?
    Have you discussed using a birth stool, labor tub, walking, moaning, using the birth ball?
    There are many things you can do to help your body~ just don't like back!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2010