Do you think it is okay after your kids go to bed to have a couple of drinks and relax with your husband or does it make you look bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• What's wrong with a couple of drinks? As long as you're not plastered to to the point to where you can't watch your kids I see no problem.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• That's usually when hubby and I have a glass of wine, and chill! How is that bad parenting?! Parents ARE allowed to relax once in a while! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Just as long as you don't drink enough to dull your senses, I see no problem. You just don't want to end up sleeping through a crying LO.
    Anonymous

• Look bad? Look bad to who? If you don't tell, there is no one to know.

As long as you could take care of your children no matter what happened then there is nothing wrong. One of you has to remain sober enough to do that. Depending on your size that may mean only a couple of drinks.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Look bad to who?? someone looking in your windows?? Who cares as long as you are sober enough to be responsible. I would say this is a pretty normal thing to do.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• my mother is the one trying to make us feel like we are bad parents I drink maybe two glasses of wine and she acts like its the end of the world
    Anonymous

• We do it. In fact, we'll have a drink or two before she goes to sleep. More my husband than me because I'm breastfeeding, but I will sometimes have a glass of wine or hard cider immediately after feeding her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Your mother sounds like my mother. It's okay to be an adult after the kids are in bed. It's okay to go to the bar every once in a while and get plastered too. What's wrong with unwinding and having a conversation and having something besides apple juice in a tiny tea cup after your kids are asleep? Who said that you can't be a woman and a man madly in love together and pretend at night you don't have kids for an hour or two? Do what I did: I told my mom to shut up and mind her own business. Your sanity will remain intact through out the rest of your life. If she's anything like my mom, hers isn't. My moms nerves are shot, she's high strung, has high blood pressure, is obese, depressed, etc. because she never took time to herself while she was raising us kids. Just remember: it's your turn to be the parent. And it's your turn to call the shots on what you do.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I think that sounds like the perfect time to relax a little. My husband does it and I did too before I was pregnant.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with it as long as you aren't plastered beyond belief!
    ilovexzavier

Answer by ilovexzavier at 4:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2010