How To Read This Darn Pregnancy Test

I took a HPT last night and there is a tiny tiny blue speck going vertically where the + sign would be-i see it in the light as well as normal lighting..should I consider this a negative or a positive?? I will test in the morning w/that urine, but I want to know the opinions of others w/experience...I keep hearing no matter how faint its positive but last year I got a faint + line and turns out-i wasn't pregnant. Thanks

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 3:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well, there's no point in trying to read one you took last night today. they should be read within 10 minutes of peeing on it.

take another one first urine of the morning and read it within 10 minutes. It actually doesn't take long at all, I've always been able to just watch the pee travel up the absorbent core and turn the line the different color. takes like 2-3 minutes.
    Anonymous

• usually a blue dye test has a dark line and at least a noticable line. i would say consider it a neg for now (sorry). but try getting pink dye next time just in case. there seems to be high error rates with blue dye tests, and give off more false pos than pink. GL tho and baby dust!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• neg
    Anonymous

• I know they are a little more expensive, but the digital ones are great for this reason. There is no questioning the if the line is pos or not. It is either yes or no. I did the Clear Blue Easy digital and I got clear resluts every time.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Well fyi for the ppl who said don't read after 10 minutes--i didn't. I read it after 2. I just took another and its +. Sooooo
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 3:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• yay! congrats.....i just had heard bad things about blue dye so hate to trust them, but glad you finally got clear results!!!!!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Oh Yay !!!! A little baby is on its way... YUMMO!!!!! Congrats and good luck Mommy
    **does a happy dance in the kitchen for you**
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Thanks you guys! I'm really glad! Hopefully when I go to the doctor hers will read the same.
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 7:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

ofcourseithurts