A good diet plan

What's a good diet plan after having a baby? Like healthy snacks, and all?

How much do you think one would loose walking a mile every week day? It's not like lifting weights and hardcore cardio...I'm unsure how it'll help me tone some of my chubbs. I mainly want to thin my thighs and tummy.

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 3:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Walking an hour burns up only 100 calories so don't count on that for major weight loss. It is healthy and good for you and baby to get fresh air. It will tone up your legs and butt. Do weight training. Use 2 lb weights and work out while watching tv or whatever. You can also use water bottles or cans of food if you don't have weights. It builds up muscle mass which in turn will burn up the calories for you. I also use resistance bands and that's a great toner upper. I've started Pilates to build up my core strength after an accident that misaligned my hip. I'm pleased with that. I eat lots of fish now and brown rice instead of white rice. I also gave up white bread and white potatoes for whole grain bread and sweet potatoes. Point = think color. Drink lots of water and I have green tea. I gave up soft drinks and refined sugar. I eat more meals a day but smaller portions. I bake more now instead of frying.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• thighs - lunges and squats

tummy - crunches

as for diet - that will depend on if you are breastfeeding or not. breastfeeding mothers should not do anything like counting calories but if you just switch to eating healthy foods, you will have results. Eat a salad with each meal, correct portion sizes, healthy snacks etc.
    Anonymous

• There is a problem with walking or doing exercise to loose weight. It doesn't burn all that many calories and guess what, it makes you hungry. You can't count on walking to loose weight. It should make you healthier.

If you are breastfeeding sometimes you don't loose weight until the baby is over 6 months. You are thinking you somehow got ripped off because you didn't loose weight breastfeeding and then, BAM, you loose 5 pounds.

To loose weight you need to make good food choices. Go to google and type in super foods. These are the kinds of foods you should be eating. The DASH eating plan is a good diet for life.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I just stopped breast feeding a week ago, baby's almost 3 months. I lost a good portion of my weight breast feeding. I'm 5'10 and weigh like 165-170 and I think I should be no more than 150. with thicker thighs.

I'm not a big eater at all. I think my downfall is soda. :O

Wake up, get both kids fed, and I try to eat honey bunches of oats, oatmeal, apple sauce or I skip it when I get busy with the kids:O know that's not good.

In the afternoon, eat a ham or tuna sandwich even though I really don't like meat. I drink cranberry juice, water, or soda... :/

Take the kids for a long walk on the trail right out back.

As for snacks I like carrots, pretzels, and chips if I buy them.

Dinner, I make whatever.... I use wheat breads, wheat noodles, and low low amounts of butters. I just don't eat a big plate.

I think my downfalls may be skipping meals, sometimes I miss lunch and breakfast.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Go low carb, it shrinks you in inches not just weight.

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• dont do any fad diet if you are breast feeding and furthermore any "diet" is bad for your metabolism. I do although agree with what gailll said above but i would go to youtube and type in super-foods or real foods by Natalie. This girl had a whole series on herbs, good foods, bad foods, best foods, worst foods, etc. she is very thorough and presents it wonderfully! And it is honestly all very simple and its kinda like well duh no wonder im not loosing weight when you watch it. So good luck hun!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 4:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2010