caffeine test strips for breast milk???

Is there a test I could use to see if there is caffeine in my breast milk??

Dawn1000

Asked by Dawn1000 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not that I'm aware of.

if you're worried about caffeine in your breast milk, the easy solution would be to not drink/eat anything with caffeine in it.
    Anonymous

• LOL stop worrying so much, if you have had a cup of coffee then yes there is caffiene in your breast milk... is your baby happy, feeding, sleeping??? If not you don't need a test, just have a day or two without coffee and see if she is any different.
    80000 years of women have breast fed their babies without worrying about all this stuff, and the earth is still covered in people.
    RELAX and enjoy your baby, there are no rules!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• No. There is no need. Mothers can consume caffeine while breastfeeding. There is no 'rule' against it.

Food and drugs don't go straight to your milk. Food and drugs are digested and processed by your body. Your milk glands are modified sweat glands. Hormones tell the glands to make milk. That's why most drugs are in the milk at very low levels if at all. There are only a few drugs mother's can't take. Chemotherapy is one.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I saw a test for caffeine in brest milk test strips on The Doctors show, and thought that it would be fun to just see how much caffeine is going through my milk, but I can not find it on line. Most days my baby sleeps, but just thought that it would be cool to test it!!
    Dawn1000

Answer by Dawn1000 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010