I am pregnant with my second child. I never bought a bassinet for our first & I am debating between a reg. bassinet & a Rock N Play Sleeper by fisher price. I have read great reviews but It has your baby sleep slightly inclined & I am worried it will be hard to get him to sleep in the crib if he gets used to the incline. where we had our daughter in her crib by 3 weeks. anyone have this product? & what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used the same one as skepticchick and i loved it she only slept in our room for 2 weeks and had no problem going from her sleep which was slightly inclined to her crib! she now loves her crib and falls asleep on her own she is 3 months. i love the pack and play to its very easy to put togeather adn take apart and loved the multi usage but now we dont use the sleeper or the changing table but id deff recomend it!
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 5:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• It's recommended that it's safest for babies to sleep in their mother's room. Whatever would allow a baby to sleep in your room the longest would be a good choice.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Incline the crib mattress for the transition. It's what my doctor had me do to help with my son's breathing.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I personally use the play pen/crib. It has the little bassinet type of piece in it. A sleeper, that slightly sits the baby up a bit. I like it because if she spits up, it doesn't fall back into her nose ( choking ) It looks so darn comfy, and costs 100- 120. It also turns into a traveling play pen, and has a diaper changer attached to it. :D Multi usage is great. Here's a link for it at like a walmart.

This is exactly what we use:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Pack-N-Play-Playard-Libby/10746134
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I would use the one with the incline it is healthier for the baby to be inclined slightly to help breathing and prevent inhalation of spit up. When you transition to a crib you can incline the crib mattress as well, the make things to incline the crib or you can stick a phone book under the mattress. Also Gaill if you can't give an answer that is directly related to the question then stop answering we are all quite tired of your crap.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My son slept in his bouncey chair for his first month and 1/2 of life because he hated laying flat on his back. Finally he started not sleeping well in it anymore so I moved him into his bassinet. He slept fine! We had no transitioning problems.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• basineets hold babys up to 15lbs mostly, and if your soont o be kid has spit up problems which some do(my daughter does) i accully put the bobby pillow in there with her on it , and my doc was the one that told me to due it, works great
    Anonymous