which is more important...is this childish or what?

my Dh is pissed at me and having a fit cause he wants a nitendo wii(sp?) and i need to go to the dentist to have a tooth filled and also get glasses and eye exam(my other glasses broke and i need glasses my vision is bad)..we have no insurance right now so wanted to use part of the tax check to get that done...and now the kids are mad at me cause dh said it was my fault we cant get the game system. mind you i let him spent nearly 2k on big screen tv blue ray and living room set...im so irritated and hurt...my health shouldnt be an option...grant it nothing serious but still

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• u know exactly what you need to do with that money. how would he feel if he were having tooth pain and couldnt see and you insisted on buying a new pair of $500 shoes?
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 4:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Very childish, his priorities are screwed up!

Answer by older at 4:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• well, he seems to be a selfish bastard. sorry, but thats how it is. lousy husband.
    maja2007

Answer by maja2007 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• he is so selfish.. my hubby said the same thing to me about the wii.. unitll i set him stright,
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 4:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• He's spoiled. He needs to learn responsibility and this is a great lesson for the kids. Show them that health is more important than material things. Some of that should have been put in a savings anyway, not spent on games. He could have gotten a cheaper tv and the Wii system when he was buying his fancy toys. He wasn't being a good consumer and getting more bang for his buck. Saving for dental visits isn't easy. I've been doing that and every time I almost get there something else comes up and takes the money (not games though, usually little things like food and medicine!).The prices of glasses is unreal now. Do what you know is right. They all could use the lesson. Kids need to learn coping skills. Life is full of disappointments and they need to learn priorities. He did that to try to manipulate you into giving in. That's enabling him and giving the wrong message to the kids. They will get over it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• childish and selfish especially when you get the kids involved. Our refund go towards things we need versus things we want. We never tell the kids what is happening with the money until we have decided, like this year we will have just enough left over to pay for camp but We didnt say anything until we knew for sure. Our bills and other needs came first.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I personally think that all of these women are mean. HE IS YOUR HUSBAND. Just because hes acting childish, doesn't make a a selfish bastard, or a lousy husband. In time he will be sorry, but just because he doesnt say he is sorry, doesn't mean that he isn't.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Personally I think your dental health and being able to see is more important and should be a priority over a Wii..... wish your husband would not be such a jerk and act like you did this on purpose just to screw him out of a Wii. . Hmmmm what about this compromise-- he use the tax $ for a Wii.... and you sell the blue ray or big screen tv to pay for your dental and eye care bills?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Well, obviously we all know the right thing to spend the money on. He will get over it. He really needs to apologize to you and you should ask him for it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Um, he told the kids it was your fault? I would leave him simply because he's trying to turn your kids against you.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2010