3 year old hand rash?

my DD had touched her hand in Comet (like the with bleach sink scrubbing powder kind) anyhow I immediately washed it off and the next few days it would flair up red I would put like a calimine on it and it would be okay. It has been almost a month now and her tops of her hands keep flaring up in the same place (turn red and burn ) I know I am allergic to comet and wonder if she probably is to but what can I do to stop the flair ups. shouldn't they be gone by now? I asked poison control and they think so but it keeps coming back! (I dont have a pic right now but just so you know it looks just like wind burn and feels the same) Any thought would be great I hate to put her on allergy meds so young which was the only thing poison control could think of....:(

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 4:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• first thing that i would say is that if you are allergic to comet then assume that your kids are too until proven otherwise. If after all this time it is still flaring she my need a cortizone cream. you didnt say how old. i would suggest either eucirn ( cheep brand works just as well) or good ole bag balm for the dry skin.( these are not cortizone creams) talk to dr about antihistimines as at under 6 they are hard to get the right dose on and you can overdose ( that came from my pharmicist) coat heavely after a nice warm bath and cover with a old sock. Let sit overnight and presto pretty skin (works great on feet too) get rid of the comet you really dont need it to clean. Magic erasers are worth the money and clean far better with no chemical residue. Good old vinagar water works for mold and odors and great on windows.Just takes a little extra elbow grease.i say get it looked at just to be sure
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 8:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• oops she is three LOL definatly talk to dr or there nurse they may have a answer for you
    drivnkids

• putting them on allery meds so young isn't all that bad my oldest almost 5 now has been on allery meds since she was 8 months old
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• it doesn't help your dd now, but you could use a baking soda paste and a scrub brush in the future.
    sorry about your daughter's hand.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2010