What should my 11 month old be doing?

My son is 11 months, I am curious what he should be doing at this point.. He doesn't say actual words yet except Hi dada, but he babbles like crazy!! just no real words... Is that ok? He kinda waves but only a few times so far.. when you ask where momma is he crawls to me.. or bubba he crawls to him, when you hollar for him he comes to you, so he follows commands most of the time.. he isn't walking yet but crawling very fast and he stands and walks around things holding onto them. what are some things I can do to encourage him to learn all these different things.. we talk to him non stop it seems... lol Thansk!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is also 11 months old. He is doing the same thing. We have been encouraging him by waving a toy in front of him he is taking 6 or 7 steps before he sets down. But sounds like he is doing fine. Most babies don't walk till 12 to 18 months so I wouldn't worry till October or November. Hope this helps!
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• no worries. my daughter is doing the same thing. she blows kisses on demand. she does come when called. plays alot. plays with others. says mama and other babble words. i don;t see how anyone really thinks 11months is when babies start talking. i mean they are much older when they start talking. no worries. sounds pretty good. all babies develop at different times but it seems. urs is doing fine. just have fun. remember he wont be little forever. enjoy it now. oh btw since we all have 11months old. when is ur little ones birthday?
    Anonymous

• Mine is 3/17/09 :) He was a St. patty's baby :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010