Chores

My son is 7, he loves to help with chores, what are some chores i can give him and the schedule to give it to him- so that he can learn that you have to give to get basically... lol he is a great kid, and he thrives on feeling like he has helped.. Do you have them do their chores before school, after school or what type of schedule do you have them on, do you have a chart for them or do you just tell them.. thanks for the tips!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have magnets on the side of the fridge with each of the chores listed and a tag with each childs name, every morning i put the chore they are to do under their name and when they are done they move the magnet back to the side.

My 12 y/ handles loading dishwasher at night, taking out kitchen trash and litter boxes
    my 9 y/o handles unloading dishwaser before school, takes out bathroom trash and helps with litter boxes
    My boys rotate each week who takes the can to the curb

My 5 y/o handles feeding animals with help from her brothers and helps take the dirty laundry to the laundry room.

All of the kids are expected to clean their rooms, help keep the living room and bathroom picked up and put their own laundry away when it is clean.

Mostly the chores are done after school, homework comes before anything, weekends we do bedrooms and laundry. all my kids help sweep and vac also.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• My kids (13,11,3) each have their own weekly chore chart with their chores written on it. Each time they do one of the chores on their chart they get to put a sticker in that box. They must complete so many stickers each day to get a reward for the day, and if they get XXX stickers at the end of the week they get a bigger prize- like a video or game rental. I also offer 'bonus' chores that they can do to earn extra stickers.
    Some of their chores are: unloading the dishwasher, taking the dirty laundry down, putting away their clean laundry, feed/water cats, making their beds, cleaning up their rooms, pick up the livingroom, take recycles out on trash day....
    In our house the only before school chores are make beds, feed/water cats, and take recycles out on trash day, the rest are done after school-- and there is no computer/Wii until the chores and homework are done.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• I found this website a while ago and it helpped with chores, schedule, chart and reward-(online kid games)---for free. Uses alot of ink when printed out so maybe just do black and white or something. GL
    handipoints.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2010