ovulation test.

Has anyone used the ovulation strips and they never detected an Lh surge but you still got pregnant? I was kinda wondering how accurate other people have found them to be.

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i used them and never got a positive, but that was because i didn't ovulate. I didn't get pregnant until my dr prescribed meds. In my opinion they are pretty accurate.

laura_lu5

Answer by laura_lu5 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• i've so far not gotten a pos and used them for 3 cycles. periods are pretty regular, so i would think i'm O'ing. esp bc i'm check CM and CP.....i'll let you know this weekend if my test comes out pos! lol but i'm TTC after depo.....that could also be a reason
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• It is possible for OPKs to not detect ovulation. Your LH surge could hit its peak at night and not be detected on a morning test, either before or after. Your LH surge could not be high enough to be detected on a test. Those would be the most common reasons. You could try taking the tests 12 hours apart instead of 24 and see if that helps. But the best thing to do is to chart your cycle as well. Cervical mucus is a good indication of fertility to tell you when might be the best time to conceive. Basal body temp will tell you for sure when you've ovulated so you don't have to keep guessing.

Also keep in mind that it's possible, too, to get a positive OPK and still not ovulate for some reason. So it's still best to chart other signs in addition to using OPKs.

Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2010

• Thanks guys. When I was ttc my dd 2 years ago i was given chlomid and told what days to try and was pregnant a few weeks later. this is my 2nd month ttc on chlomid but i didnt go in to see if i had any viable eggs due to stupid ins. So i guess i will try the strips 12 hours apart and see what happens. :)
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2010